CORRY CARRIAGE HOUSE
2906 Lakeland Avenue
This quaint stone carriage house was built in 1911 for James and Minnie Corry. Corry, a well-known realtor, helped develop the Fair Oaks plat and was a promoter of the east side. The Corrys' plans to build a home in front of the carriage house were halted when Corry died unexpectedly at the age of 44. Used then as a garage and temporary residence, the building was remodeled as a permanent residence in 1946. As one of a handful of carriage houses left in the city, it is a rare reminder of the days of the horse and buggy.