FAIR OAKS VILLAGE HALL
175 Talmadge Street
The Village of Fair Oaks was incorporated in 1906. Its approximate boundaries, started at the northeast corner, were Milwaukee St., Starkweather Creek, the Lake Monona shoreline, Elmside Blvd., Atwood Ave. and Division St. In the years before incorporation, the area had acquired an unwanted reputation for rowdyism because Town of Blooming Grove officials were not interested in regulating saloons. Incorporation gave the new village the power to oversee the issuance of liquor licenses. On March 31, 1908 the new village hall was dedicated. The first floor housed a meeting room, a small jail, and the fire department.