215 Femrite Drive
In 1893 Jens and Susan Femrite purchased 100 acres of good grazing land from Halver Halverson in the Town of Blooming Grove. That same year they build a home that still stands at 215 Femrite Dr. Two sons were born, Helmer and Clarence, who eventually went into partnership forming what was then a very lucrative dairy business known as Duck Point Guernsey Farm.
From Blooming Grove they shipped cattle to all parts of the world. Helmer remained in the original family home after marrying. When Clarence married he built a new home just down the road at 309 Femrite Dr.
Four generations of Femrites remain on the original land and four generations have attended Nichols School, of which two served on the School Board. In 1930 the farm was divided by Hwy. 12-18, but up to that time it was a productive farm and thriving dairy business. Marsh hay was cut and sold to the city of Madison for bedding and to the Kennedy Dairy. Milk was bottled and delivered to their own customers.