SPRINGHAVEN PAGODA - KEYES' SPRING
4200 block of WInnequah Road
A graceful pagoda, built to protect the clear water that flowed from a natural spring, stands today as a reminder of the peaceful pastoral setting that was once a farm on the southeast shore of Lake Monona. The spring was so treasured by its owner, Judge E. W. Keyes, that he not only built this housing for it, but also named his farm Springhaven. The Keyes' farm was adjacent to the southern end of the Frank Allis Property. The farm was eventually divided into tracts for summer homes in the early 1900's, but the ravine in which the pagoda is located was kept as public property and is known as Stonebridge Park. In earlier years the children from Nichols School held their end-of-the-year picnics there. They made their lemonade with the cool, clear spring water.